Before you reach out to companies like ourselves, there’s a lot you can do to improve your cyber posture. A lot this is basic hygiene and also makes life harder for attackers.
- Install and update anti-virus and anti-malware software on all devices.
- Keep all software up to date with the latest security patches.
- Set up firewalls to protect your network and data.
- Use strong passwords and enable multi-factor authentication on all accounts.
- Regularly backup all critical data and test the backups to ensure they work.
- Use secure file sharing and storage solutions to protect sensitive data.
- Implement access controls and permissions to limit access to sensitive data.
- Train employees on how to recognize and avoid phishing scams and other social engineering attacks.
- Limit employee access to only the data and systems they need to perform their job duties.
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify and remediate potential vulnerabilities.
- Develop an incident response plan to handle cybersecurity incidents.
- Regularly review and update security policies and procedures to ensure they remain effective.
- Consider hiring a cybersecurity expert to provide additional support and guidance.
Still need some advice / support? Contact Us to start the journey to improve your cyber posture.