It doesn’t need to be complicated to better protect your business from cyber attack.
Recent analysis completed by Connect Consultants shows that businesses still aren’t adopting simple, and free security controls.
27% of the top websites in the world are missing DMARC configurations. Over double of SMEs – 56% – haven’t adopted the control.
DMARC, which stands for Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance, is an email authentication and validation protocol that provides a framework for businesses to protect their email communication and enhance email security.
There are several compelling reasons why businesses should use DMARC:
Why should you?
- Prevents email spoofing: DMARC helps in preventing email spoofing and phishing attacks, where malicious actors impersonate a legitimate sender’s domain.
- Improved Deliverability: DMARC helps improve email deliverability by reducing the likelihood that your emails will be marked as spam or rejected by recipient businesses.
- Protection Against Phishing: Phishing attacks often involve sending fraudulent emails that appear to come from trusted sources. DMARC helps in detecting and preventing these phishing attempts by verifying the authenticity of sender domains, making it harder for attackers to impersonate your brand.
- Brand Reputation: Maintaining a positive brand reputation is crucial for businesses. DMARC helps protect your brand’s integrity by preventing cybercriminals from tarnishing your reputation through email-based attacks. When customers receive legitimate emails from your domain, they can trust the content and the sender.
- Compliance: Some industries and regulatory frameworks, such as GDPR in Europe, require organizations to take measures to protect sensitive information. Implementing DMARC can be seen as a proactive step towards email security compliance.
For more information check out these links:
- Implement a DMARC policy of ‘none’ – NCSC.GOV.UK
- How to Setup DMARC for Email Delivery (mxtoolbox.com)
- DMARC Explained: What It is and Why You Should Use It  (mailtrap.io)
For support and help in configuring DMARC for your business, or improving your business cyber posture – contact us.